WANT TO LOOK YOUR BEST? | MY BEST BEAUTY ADVICE
There are several factors that come into play when it comes to looking your best. Some people think that by piling on tons of makeup, that is what will make them beautiful. It's not that simple. It’s not a one trick pony. It takes a combination of things to truly look your best. There are three aspects to consider.
1. Your Mental Health Affects Your Beauty
One thing you have to consider when trying to look your best is your mental health. Your emotional state plays a big role in how you appear to others. It also affects how you see yourself.
Many factors can affect your mental state, but stress is at the top of the list. Major things that stress people out are their jobs, financial status and relationships. You must get focused and take a careful inventory of these things. Find out what makes you happy. Write down your goals. Turn off the radio and read some uplifting books. Audio books are great too!
It's time to do some firing and hiring! Take inventory of your relationships. Ask yourself, "Are they adding to my growth, or sucking me dry?" This can be hard to do because we are so content in our comfort zone, but it is so necessary. The first time I did this, I was so overtaken by the fear of loss. Ultimately, dropping those bad relationships have made me feel much lighter and more productive. It was a great decision.
Carve out some “me time.” Self-care is so important. Take care of yourself. Get a massage, schedule a spa day or go exercising. If you don't have the funds to do these things, there are so many ways to have DIY spa days at home! This is important because how you FEEL on the inside, affects your outward appearance.
2. Your Physical Health Affects Your Beauty
Take care of your body. You only get one! Health is wealth. Try eating better. Get some sleep! Drink a LOT of water!
People slap makeup over their skin to cover up their blemishes. One of my favorite makeup artists once said, "Makeup is only as great as the skin underneath it." Your skin health is so important. The better condition your skin is in, the better your makeup will apply.
The skin is the largest organ in the body, so water is important, as it hydrates all of the cells in the body. It flushes out toxins and impurities on a CELLULAR level. The benefits of drinking water is improved skin tone, increased elasticity and skin healing faster. When your skin has more elasticity, it helps prevent aging. It also helps with acne and promotes a balanced pH for the skin. Moral of the story, drink more water!
3. Makeup is the Final Touch to Beauty
When the first two are in check – your mental, emotional and physical health, it is time to start tackling that outward appearance. The fun part – MAKEUP! Here are a couple tips that I use for makeup.
- Invest in a good set of brushes and always keep them clean.
- Always remove your makeup before you go to bed. Use a good makeup wipe or micellar water, and wash your face.
- Get color-matched for your foundation. Many stores offer this complimentary service. DO NOT TEST FOUNDATION ON YOUR ARM.
- A little goes a long way. Don't overdo it!
- Practice, practice and more practice. We all started somewhere. Watch a few Youtube videos and practice techniques. You will be a pro in no time!
- Eyebrows frame the face, so make sure they are on point.
- Choose a lip product that has a bold shade, stays in place and has a great finish. You can find What's Hot in our lipsticks right now.
There you have it, my best beauty advice. I hope this helps! Please comment below if this helped or if you have any questions.